Professional Certification can lead to better visibility, opportunities and jobs when combined with years of practical hands-on experience. In today’s increasingly complex and highly specialized economy, credentials are everything. Sure, you know you’ve got the skills to do the job, but how do you convince potential customers and employers? For many career-minded professionals, certification is often the answer.
Consider the doctor, plumber, architect, lawyer, or building inspector … These are all professionals like those in IT who have been educated in their craft. They have spent years working in the field, and in some cases, earning their degrees, but credentialing is an important and recognized part of their career in proving their continued professional development.
Is certification right for you? Consider the following questions:
- Do you work frequently with the public, or among other professionals?
- Does your employer require you to stay current with the latest industry developments?
- Is there a lot of competition in your field of work (e.g., do you need to stand out from the crowd)?
- Are you considering switching jobs and want to make the best impression possible?
- Are you the kind of person who likes to be the best at what you do?
If you answered yes to any one of the questions above, then perhaps certification is right for you.