Virtualisation is an industry buzzword that is used alongside cloud computing but what do you need to think about when you are implementing it? (See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJncFirhjPg for simple overview of cloud computing explained).
- Are you looking for infrastructure service consolidation, to reduce your hardware footprint and costs?
- Do you want to improve your Disaster recovery and business continuity time?
- Do you want to make your system work more effectively with dynamic workload management?
- How will you development and test systems and services?
- How can you implement a virtual desktop infrastructure to secure you data or improve access to it?
- How will this affect you backup and recovery strategy?
- How will you monitor the systems?
- How will you prevent a disproportionate amount of servers to be created?
- How will you delegate control?
- Do you have processes and policies in place to support it?
- How will the business be affected during implementation?
For more information download the Cloud Security Alliance security guide https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/research/security-guidance/